Monday, July 7, 2008

Seed pod project

These ones remind me of chocolate drops I have been collecting seed pods since last Spring. We are lucky in our area as we have many native Australian trees so seed pods are in good supply. Like all collectors, now that I have started I can see no stopping. I marvel at how intricate in design they often are and of the immense variety. The girls are great spotters too, and will often get down on their haunches or hands and knees to collect more treasures. My older one has a trained eye and can find the freshest and most intact pods. The collecting is what I like to think of as phase 1. Phase 2 will begin when I have some time to sit down to sift through our collection and start finding out the names of the trees they came from.

3 comments:

Lizz said...

Julie, what amazing seed pods!

When you have enough and want to make a trade, let me know. *wink*

julie said...

from one seed-pod collector/lover to another - your species are really beautiful!!!
I see them as amazing jewels of nature :)

Anonymous said...

I love these! Great to meet you!